AVAILABILITY Frozen Fresh
Year Round Availability
CATCH and COUNTRY of ORIGIN
Hand Carved Half Side Fillets
Cut to Size Portions
Mild, sweet flavor with firm texture and large flake. Medium fat content. Raw flesh comes in light pink and cooks up white.
Grilling, Roasting, Broiling, Pan Searing, Frying, Steaming, Poaching.
The Mystic King of the Amazon.
The Paiche is an impressive fish that can grow up to 450 lb’s in weight. The cult to Paiche is owed to its delicious white meat, firm texture and subtle elegant flavor.
A delicious, white meat, thick fillet with a mild elegant flavor. Paiche’s characteristics allow for most versatile culinary use. The meat is firm, juicy, and it forms a firm crust in the outside when seared or baked (due to high collagen
levels). Fillets are thick allowing for various cuts and servings, and it can softy flake.
Amazone Paiche is farmed raised in the Amazonian basin in Peru, in a low intensity farming operation aimed at taking pressure of Paiche wild stocks;
• Full cycle farming, including own hatchery
• Strict water control and conservation of farms surroundings
• High quality alternative to severely over-fished wild Paiche and
other large fish
Amazone Paiche’s high content of collagen makes it a very versatile fish with outstanding cooking properties. It allows for exciting new possibilities for chefs.
• Forms a delicious crust on the outside
• Retains moist inside (it does not dry out)
• Resistant to high heat, it is difficult to overcook
• Firm texture, it does not crumble apart
• Retains original form after cooking
• Excellent for grilling, baking, searing, glazing and sous-vide
Amazone Paiche is an extremely healthy and wholesome fish that combines unique characteristics that are hard to find in other large fish:
• High protein content
• Optimal omega 3-omega 6 ratio
• No traces of mercury
• Free of hormones and antibiotics
• No trans fats or saturated fats