CATCH and COUNTRY of ORIGIN
Sustainable Farmed Raised Vietnam
2 - 6 oz portions
• Mild, Sweet Buttery Flavor
• Moist Firm Texture
• Large Flakes
• Extremely Versatile
• Rich in Omega-3
• Raw Crudo Applications
• Grilled, Broiled, Pan Seared, Sous Vide
• The Fish is Prized for its Sweet, Buttery Flavor
• Moist Texture and Large Flakes
• Raw Flesh is Pearly Pink; Cooked Meat is White.
• Small Fish are Milder in Flavor than the Larger Fish.
• The Few Bones in the Fish are Large and Easily Removed
• Whole Fish Mainly 5-10 lbs
• Excellent Source of Omega-3s Fatty Acids
Barramundi is a versatile fish and has a high enough oil content to keep the flesh moist while cooking. The sweet, mild flavor lends itself to a wide range of sauces and spices. Try grilling whole barramundi to serve with a dill-and-lemon butter sauce. The fish is also excellent pan seared with the edible skin, which crisps up nicely. Aborigines wrap barramundi in the leaves of the wild ginger plant and bake it in hot
ashes for a traditional preparation.